Whether you are new to senior activity departments or a veteran, you can have burnout, down time on creativity, or just get stuck. Using different cultural influences are a great way to add some spice to existing activities and to explore new areas with your residents. Hopefully you can take away new ideas and inspiration to open your facility up to the world!
- Focusing on physical programming and integrating physical games, common exercises or music from other cultures.
- Cognitive focus and interest can be achieved while exploring activities that challenge some and inspire others.
- How to use sensory stimulation with music crafting décor and color while incorporating new activities.
- Creating meaningful social gatherings with residents through food, drink, music and of course culture.
- Domains of Wellness
- Current/Past Culture Influences
- Folklore/History/Trivia/Current News
- Music/Travel Movies/Documentaries
- Flags/Colors/Maps/Royalty/Political Systems
- Displays & Decor
- Religion/Spiritual Practices/Beliefs